Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reflection 12

Goodbye Monday class!! I cannot believe this semester has went by so fast. In this past Monday's class, we did one of our instructional strategies demonstration. I found this to be interesting because we got to learn so much from seeing videos of echo reading and readers theater to doing activities such as the opinion and proof of opinion. I really like when we do demonstrations like these because I learn so much more that way than if I am just handed a paper on it. By doing it this way, we get to see the strategies in action and I think that I will remember it more this way.

After lunch, we started working on the analysis papers for our Informal Reading Inventory that we administered. I found this to be extremely time consuming and difficult. It was hard for me to get the hang of pointing out every error and recording it. I am really happy that we were able to work on the analysis papers in class together because I felt so lost. The Informal Reading Inventory is a really useful tool for teachers and I think once I practice doing it some more then I would definitely incorporate it into my future classroom.

We also had the chance to work on our PBL some more. I honestly do not like doing this PBL because I feel like no one is really interested in it and my group is not accomplishing anything.

Overall, I am happy that I have accomplished so much during this semester. I feel so much more prepared and I have learned about so much already.

No comments:

Post a Comment